Sunday, December 1, 2013

a deck from GP Vienna

I nearly choked on my drink when I saw this in day two of GP Vienna. 

I know that the decks are very different but they share a lot of similarities. 

I like the look of this BG Hexproof deck

Christoph Wagner
Grand Prix Vienna - Standard

Main Deck
60 cards
Forest
Golgari Guildgate
Mutavault
Overgrown Tomb
Swamp

24 lands

Deathrite Shaman
Desecration Demon
Elvish Mystic
Reaper of the Wilds
Scavenging Ooze
Shadowborn Demon
Witchstalker

20 creatures
Abrupt Decay
Bow of Nylea
Commune with the Gods
Gaze of Granite
Hero's Downfall
Primeval Bounty
Putrefy
Whip of Erebos

14 other spells

Vraska the Unseen

2 planeswalkers

Sideboard
Abrupt Decay
Fade into Antiquity
Gaze of Granite
Golgari Charm
Mistcutter Hydra
Pharika's Cure
Pithing Needle

15 sideboard cards
Christoph Wagner had 30 points after round 14, so he won at least 10 matches (or 7 and drew a ton.)  I'd like to see how his changes worked out in my own testing, but I've just about tested the crap out of it and got bored.  I LOVE the commune with the gods in the deck.  Makes Deathrite that much better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment