Sunday, December 1, 2013

a deck from GP Vienna

I nearly choked on my drink when I saw this in day two of GP Vienna. 

I know that the decks are very different but they share a lot of similarities. 

I like the look of this BG Hexproof deck

Christoph Wagner
Grand Prix Vienna - Standard

Main Deck
60 cards
6  Forest
4  Golgari Guildgate
2  Mutavault
4  Overgrown Tomb
8  Swamp

24 lands

3  Deathrite Shaman
3  Desecration Demon
4  Elvish Mystic
3  Reaper of the Wilds
2  Scavenging Ooze
2  Shadowborn Demon
3  Witchstalker

20 creatures
2  Abrupt Decay
1  Bow of Nylea
4  Commune with the Gods
1  Gaze of Granite
2  Hero's Downfall
1  Primeval Bounty
1  Putrefy
2  Whip of Erebos

14 other spells

2  Vraska the Unseen

2 planeswalkers

Sideboard
1  Abrupt Decay
2  Fade into Antiquity
1  Gaze of Granite
3  Golgari Charm
4  Mistcutter Hydra
3  Pharika's Cure
1  Pithing Needle

15 sideboard cards
Christoph Wagner had 30 points after round 14, so he won at least 10 matches (or 7 and drew a ton.)  I'd like to see how his changes worked out in my own testing, but I've just about tested the crap out of it and got bored.  I LOVE the commune with the gods in the deck.  Makes Deathrite that much better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment