Sunday, October 27, 2013

0-2 with Affinity.

I streamed this, a recording should be available on www.twitch.tv/joshuaclaytor

I would not watch it, it was a weird event.  I lost round one to GW slivers.  I played to my outs of Fling, and I missed in game one.  In game two I took a mulligan to 3 after not wanting to keep high risk high reward hands.  Looking back my hand of six may have been the better bet to just keep it.  At least I had creatures! 

Round two I got the mirror match, but he was running Glaze Fiend and disciple of the Vault.  He ran me over game 1, game two I ran him over, and in game three it was looking like game one again, but I was able to get back into the game after drawing four cards off of Research and Stars.  I was able to flood the board, but was at a low enough total to where I could not just swing all out.  I had to keep a block back to not lose to his atog. 

Eventually he gets a disciple down, and makes atog math hard for me.  I got him to a low number, was able to win on my next turn as long as he bricked, he did not brick. 

I died to to his two disciples and atog. 

this is what I played.

3 Darksteel Citadel
4 Thoughtcast
3 Springleaf Drum
2 Fling
4 Atog
2 Terrarion
4 Chromatic Star
4 Galvanic Blast
4 Carapace Forger
4 Myr Enforcer
4 Tree of Tales
4 Frogmite
3 Ichor Wellspring
4 Perilous Research
4 Great Furnace
3 Vault of Whispers
4 Seat of the Synod

Sideboard
3 Fog
2 Electrostatic Bolt
3 Ancient Grudge
3 Electrickery
4 Serene Heart

No comments:

Post a Comment